Father’s Day is less than a month away. If you haven’t already started shopping for the perfect gift for Dad this year, you should get to shopping. The real Father’s Day will be here before you know it! If you’re struggling to figure out what to get your Dad for Father’s Day this year, you’re not alone. Even though the Father’s Day holiday is a multi-billion dollar industry, it doesn’t always seem easy to know what to get Dad each year. Here are some timeless engraved gift ideas that Dad is sure to love.
- A watch. Traditional and timeless, a watch is one of the best engraved jewelry gifts you can give your Dad on Father’s Day. Not every Dad is big on wearing lots of jewelry, but many do wear a watch. Some wear smartwatches, which helps them do more than just know the time. However, some like to mix and match, wearing their smartwatch during the day at work or the gym but wearing a more formal watch for nights out or special events. An engraved pocket watch also makes a sentimental or perfect heirloom gift for Dads who prefer carrying a classic accessory. That’s part of what makes a watch a perfect gift to give your Dad for Father’s Day.
- A cutting board. Does your Dad like to grill or cook? A cutting board engraved with his initials might be a good option for a Father’s Day gift this year. He can use it to display charcuterie spreads, condiment selections for the burger bar or even desserts he’s made by hand. Either way, a cutting board is built for more than just cutting meat or vegetables. With so many more uses, your Dad will love getting one for Father’s Day! When it’s not in use, he can easily display it in the kitchen by propping it up against the backsplash or hanging it up with a hook.
- A ‘Best Dad’ award. Give him the award for Best Dad this year! A glass engraved keepsake is a sweet memento he can showcase in his office or on his side of the bed. You can make it look like an award he received from a real organization by including the year and some other details that make it look official. If your Dad wins a lot of awards and constantly jokes about it all, then this is the perfect gift for him. Even if he’s a bit more serious and will take his Best Dad award seriously, it’s still a great gift idea to show him how much you care!
- A photo of the two of you. Not every Dad likes to take a lot of pictures. Instead, many of them prefer to be behind the camera — or far away from it in the first place. But, if you have been able to score a couple of photos of the two of you, you can easily print it out and put it in an engraved custom picture frame. Whether you choose wood or glass, a picture frame complete with a message about his stellar job being your Dad is a great way to show him some love this Father’s Day. If you can’t find a picture of the two of you, you can also put a picture of you as a child or newborn in the frame! Or, leave it blank as a suggestion that the two of you will need to take a photo together soon.
- A memorial stone. Some of us aren’t so fortunate as to have our Dads with us anymore to celebrate Father’s Day. No matter the reason, a sweet tribute to your Dad after his passing is to get a memorial stone. You can place it in the front or back yard, or you can even put it in a planter with a plant as a way to show your Dad some love. Honor his memory with a sweet memorial stone that will stand the test of time. You can also leave it near your front door or incorporate it into the pavers around your home. It makes for a subtle yet profound memorial of your Father.
- A set of engraved glassware. If your Dad likes to play bartender, why not get him a set of engraved glassware for Father’s Day? Complete the set with an engraved decanter, and you’ve got yourself a winner of a Father’s Day gift. You can pair it with his favorite bottle of alcohol that the two of you can enjoy while you’re there, or he can wait to break it out at the next family function. He’ll love adding something unique and elevated to his bar set, and you’ll get to see his face light up with excitement when he opens the gift.
- A name plate. An engraved glass name plate is a good gift to give your Dad if he hasn’t retired yet. He can proudly display it on his desk at work, or even in his home office. And, when he’s ready to retire, the glass name plate can easily go up on a shelf at home to commemorate all his years of hard work and dedication to work. You could consider getting funny with it and giving him a funny title under his name, or you could keep it professional and just include his work title. Either way, it’s a great gift he’s sure to love.
- A pen. While it might not seem like a timeless gift at first, a quality engraved pen is actually something your Dad will really love. Even if he’s not a writer, many engraved pens come in commemorative boxes that your Dad will proudly display in his office, on his desk or even on a bookshelf at home. You can’t go wrong with an engraved pen for your Dad this Father’s Day. Many engraved pens are built a bit heavier than normal pens, write smoother and don’t smudge as much. Perfect for signing important documents at work!