If you want to wear a wig and have an invisible hairline, you should choose between two types of laces: HD and transparent ones. The former is the hot trend in the industry. It makes your wig undetectable and looks so natural that nobody will tell you that your hair is not yours. The latter provides the same option but still, it is not the same. Which one is better? We are going to figure it out in the article.
What is an HD lace wig?（shop HD lace closure wig check here）
HD abbreviation consists of two words: high definition, meaning high quality and accuracy The HD lace is completely undetectable, almost melting into the scalp. The thin, invisible material is made of very delicate fibers which are interlaced in such a way that it is impossible even to tell the difference between the basis of a wig and the skin of the head. The advanced technology allows for the duplication of the skin structure to the greatest possible extent. As a result, women suffering from hair issues can hide the drawbacks and look perfect.
In addition, the lace is very soft and lightweight being much more convenient compared with a regular lace. Another virtue is their flexibility, meaning that an HD lace wig will match any skin complexion. You can be sure to avoid awkward situations with a wig. Even knots are bleached so that nothing makes someone suggest that there is a wig on the head.
What is a transparent wig?
When we speak about transparent lace, we mean that it is made of a transparent material that is still colored. The producers offer various hues so that a wearer can choose an appropriate color to make the lace invisible on his scalp. And here is a task – it is vital to choose the perfect tone. If you succeed, the difference between HD and analog will be minimal.
The owner of a transparent wig can dye and bleach it to match the skin. Indeed, transparency saves a lot of trouble. So it is better to find the lace coming with pre-bleached knots so it is going to match with little effort.
The lace can be French or Swiss. The latter is softer and that is why it is preferable. It also lasts a long time without damage or deformation. However, the French lace is not bad at all.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Transparent And HD Laces
At first sight, it looks like HD lace is much better, being softer and more flexible, but there are pros and cons to each product. Probably, the disadvantages of HD lace wig will be determining and you’ll have to refuse it in favor of its opponent. Let’s consider the pros and cons one after another.
Pros of an HD wig
- It is able to blend with any skin hue in a perfect way and that allows a wearer to do without bleaching.
- It is used without any glues, and that is good for those who suffer from an allergy to various adhesives.
- As with any other wig, it serves as protection for the natural hair, which can do without styling and coloring when covered with a wig.
- It does not shed almost because it is marketed pre-plucked.
- Its maintenance is simple in use, including washing and drying.
- It provides such a natural look that nobody will understand a wig is being used.
- It can be styled in various ways — there are no restrictions as to a hairdo.
Cons of HD lace wigs
- This thin lace is rather delicate meaning that it can be damaged or just worn out before its due time.
- The price for HD lace wigs is high due to the use of innovative technology.
Pros of a transparent lace wig
- It can match the skin tone with high accuracy due to the wide range of hues available.
- It is much better compared with regular wigs because it is convenient due to the perfect breathability it provides.
- There is no need to worry about shedding because this wig is marketed pre-plucked.
- It looks very natural due to perfect hairlines and flexibility.
- It can be installed without glue, and that means it suits people suffering from allergies to the glue.
Cons of a transparent lace wig
- Compared with HD lace, this one is less invisible and just cannot melt on the scalp.
- Though there are several hues, it can be quite difficult to find the exact match, especially when you buy online.
- Some transparent lace wigs should be bleached, though you can find pre-bleached ones.
- It is a little bit more complicated to fit it perfectly compared with an HD lace.
- Breathability is not as good as HD lace can provide.
- A transparent lace wig is not as soft as HD and can be a reason for slight irritation of the highly sensitive skin.
How Do You Choose an HD wig or transparent wig?
As we have mentioned, both the HD and transparent lace wigs are not visible to a greater or lesser extent. Both can boast a range of advantages, being made of soft and breathable material. Only human hair is used to create various styles. You can choose more expensive HD lace wigs or cheaper transparent wigs. In addition, you should consider:
- The lace color is the most important difference between these types. There are dark and light laces that can be chosen in accordance with a particular color of skin. Still, if you want to find the normal hue matching the natural skin shade, you should prefer an HD lace, which is better.
- Even though these two types of wigs are breathable, if this aspect does matter, you’d better choose an HD one because it is much thinner and more delicate, providing proper air circulation.
- As far as an HD lace is very delicate and thin, it can be damaged if a wig is pulled or brushed roughly. It is vital to use it in a gentle way. Any wearer of an HD lace wig comprehends this peculiarity. If such an approach is not suitable, a more durable transparent lace wig should be preferred.
- It is clear that the most up-to-date technology will cost a lot. This is a reason for the quite high price of HD lace wigs. If you cannot afford it, you can consider a transparent lace wig, which is good anyway. Though, you should think twice, because HD lace is worth the money. The wig is 100% handmade. The hair is tied on the lace in an accurate way to make a thin and lightweight wig. The process is labor-consuming, which is why the cost increases.
Please be sure that both wigs are very good and meet the strict requirements of numerous wearers. You can use any of them to solve your hair problems and achieve a natural hairline.
Which one is best for you?
We have discussed these two types of wigs in detail and weighed up their pros and cons. In the long run, which one is better? As you understand, the choice is yours! If the budget is not tight and does not restrict you, an HD lace wig will be an option. It is thinner and more see-through compared with transparent lace. It looks stunning with its perfect, invisible hairline.
If it happens that you do not want to spend too much but you want to have a wig that is more resistant to wear and tear, you should look for a transparent lace wig. Here you should be careful searching for the right hue of the lace to match your skin as opposed to a versatile undetectable HD lace wig which blends with any color of the skin.