It’s convenient to have a service that allows you to change your location online, but how does it work? Fortunately, VPNs are popular and straightforward cybersecurity technologies that will enable you to change your online location. Continue reading to learn how to obtain and utilize a VPN to change your location.
Five Ways to Change Your IP Address and Location
Some of the most prevalent methods for masking your IP address and changing your location are listed below. These methods have pros and downsides, and you must decide which is best for you.
Use a VPN
You mask your IP address when you utilize a virtual private network, hiding your physical location. To change your location and IP address using a VPN, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- Get a VPN subscription. You can choose any VPN as long as it is reliable and trustworthy.
- Now download the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the application and enter your login credentials to start.
- Now click on the “Quick Connect” button to connect to your desired location in seconds.
- Now you’re all good to browse the internet from a different IP address and location.
If you want a more convenient experience, you may install the VPN Chrome extension, which allows you to hide your IP address in seconds.
Use A Proxy
VPN pretty much works similarly to a proxy. A proxy acts as a tunnel that connects to the website of your choice and sends it a proxy address instead. The primary distinction between a VPN and a proxy is that a proxy does not encrypt your connection.
Because your public IP address is tied with the specific network you’re on; if you switch networks, you’ll appear online with a new IP address. However, that is not a practical approach since you will have the same location information unless you fly around the world before joining a new network.
Get in Touch with your Internet Service Provider to Change Your IP Address
To change your IP address, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and request a new IP address for your network or device. Of course, this isn’t a practical choice to use regularly, and they won’t be able to provide you with a different location because the IP address they give you is constantly related to the location of your router or device.
Unplug Your Modem
Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allocates an IP address to your network when you connect to the internet. If you disconnect your modem or router, wait a few minutes, and then rejoin, you may be allocated a new IP address if the one you previously had was already assigned to another network. However, there is no assurance that you will not receive the same one again.
Best Ways to Change Your IP Address & Location
Any VPN service like Ivacy VPN is one of the most effective options available to change your IP address and location. It will hide your IP address, but it will also provide you with the benefit of protecting multiple devices. There are plenty of other options that VPN offers, including malware detection, to protect you from being a victim of cybercrimes. While Tor and Proxy are somewhat the alternatives to a VPN, nothing can match the performance of a VPN in this regard.
Why Changing Your IP Address and Location is Important While Surfing?
Anyone who knows your public IP address may learn a lot about you by performing a simple IP lookup. As a result, several methods benefit from an IP location switcher.
- Some websites charge different costs to users from various countries. Once you understand how to change VPN location, you will be able to search for the most terrific deals.
- Your location is a key aspect of monitoring your identity online if connected from home. You may avoid unpleasant internet services that try to monitor your position by masking your location.
- Any privacy-conscious internet user would need to conceal their IP address. It’s vital for journalists covering sensitive issues and anybody else concerned about their whereabouts being discovered online.
It is important to use the internet anonymously when cybercriminals operate online freely, waiting for you to make a mistake. It can also help users in accessing geo-restricted content from outside their country. No matter the reason, hiding your IP and location is never a bad idea.