The arithmetic sequence is the sequence of numbers where the differences between every two consecutive numbers will be the same. The sequence is the collection of numbers that will be following a specific pattern in the whole process. The example of 1, 6, 11, and 16 will be the arithmetic sequences because the pattern of addition of five will be significantly present in the whole process to the previous term. There are specifically two formulas of the arithmetic sequence which are explained as:
- The formula for finding out the NTH term of the sequence
- The formula to find out the sum of the first N terms of the arithmetic sequence
The arithmetic sequence can be perfectly defined into different kinds of manners and this will be the sequence where differences between every successive term will be the same. The sequence can be perfectly obtained by adding a fixed number to the previous term in the whole process.
Following are some of the very basic terms associated with the whole process which kids need to know:
- The first term of the arithmetic sequence will be the first number and this will be usually represented with the denotation of A1.
- The common difference of the arithmetic sequence will be the addition of a fixed number to the previous term at this particular fixed number will be denoted by D.
- The NTH term of the arithmetic sequence will be known as the general term of the sequence and this will directly be based upon understanding that the sequence will be following a specific kind of pattern in the whole process.
It is very much important for kids to be clear about the sequence recursive formula in this particular area so that implementation of the things can be carried out very easily and there will be no chance of any kind of problem in the whole process. Apart from this, kids also need to have a good command over the sum of the arithmetic sequence formula which can be used to find out the sum of the first N terms. For this purpose, kids need to have access to the first terms, common difference and the sum so that everything can be found very successfully and they will be no chance of any kind of issue with the whole process. It is also very important for kids to be clear about the proof of the arithmetic sequence which will be directly linked with several other kinds of related formulas so that there will be no problem at any point in time.
Some of the basic differences between the arithmetic sequence and the geometric sequence have been explained as:
- In the cases of the arithmetic sequence, the difference between the two consecutive numbers will be the same and in the cases of the geometric sequence, the ratio of every two consecutive numbers will be the same.
- In the case of an arithmetic sequence, everything will be perfectly identified by the first term and the common difference and on the other hand in the cases of a geometric sequence, everything will be identified by the first term and the common ratio.
- In the cases of an arithmetic sequence, there will be a linear relationship between the terms and in the case of a geometric sequence, there will be an exponential relationship between the terms.
Hence, it is very much important for kids to go with the option of attending the math classes through the platforms like Cuemath so that everybody will be on the right track of having a good command over the concept of arithmetic sequence without any kind of hassle.